Friday, April 4, 2014

Insurgency Promo Artwork

I'm still trying to hone my skills as an artist. I love looking at concept art from games or movies, it always motivates me to improve. But I was thrown from the frying pan and into the fire during my work for Insurgency. I signed on to do VFX work, as well as concept art for their next project. Keyword being concept art. Not marketing art. However, when the time came to release I was asked to create the image that would go up on the Steam front page. A daunting task to say the least.

Nevertheless, I accepted. It was a great opportunity to see what I've learned so far and how far I can push my limits. The results were better than I could have hoped.


The piece got a lot of praise from the team and looked great on Steam. My anxiety turned into excitement after seeing what I was capable of. So when they asked me to do art for their latest content update I approached the job with a newfound vigor. Hoping to see if I could do even better than the last piece.





Doing these two pieces was a great learning opportunity, and have made me feel even more exited about what I can learn to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment